More for less — TLAND platform introduction
In order to expand on the investment opportunities of our users and to help meet the ever-growing demand within the blockchain, we would like to introduce a new type of prefund onto our platform.
Users will now be able to not only participate in prefunds for real estate, but they will now be able to join the prefunds for metaverse land (and other metaverse related assets), NFTs, and other assets.
We truly believe expanding the investment model will increase the number of users utilising our platform, while giving users access to assets that previously may have been difficult to obtain.
As we have announced the continuous development of the TLAND platform, today we would like to reveal to you what will be the next new service available for Tlanders.
Within the same idea of being able to diversify your portfolio through all available assets, without price barriers, we want to present you with a new decentralized collective process in which each of you will be able to participate.
Our new functionality will allow each of you to join the purchase of any asset available on the market that you choose. This can include plots in the metaverse, any NFT and other assets.
Thanks to the new service, each of you will be able to own a “piece” of the top NFT, the best-located plot of land in any metaverse and benefit from the potential increase in their value. As usual, we will put the management of the purchased asset in the hands of the ones who bought it. As a platform, we will also have the opportunity to forge partnerships and negotiate preferential terms to access the most attractive assets. We believe this will be a great investment opportunity and it will open new horizons.
Thanks to the new solutions users will not be obliged to register on the platform (it is only a condition to see the purchased collections) and what is even more important, many of the collections will not require going through the KYC process.
The decentralized model gives the platform and its users faster access to open voting within the DAO of those who have deposited funds.
See below for details of the new model!
How will the new prefund work
1. Connecting the wallet on the TLAND platform
- Users must connect the wallet on the TLAND platform.
- Users can stake/hold TLAND tokens (it is not required but recommended).
- Users who connect the wallet on the TLAND platform constitute the TLAND DAO.
2. Voting on the collection
Firstly the TLAND DAO vote on one of the selected collections to start a prefund on. Collections can be anything from an NFT collection, to a metaverse project, etc.
Voting happens on the collection itself, not the individual asset to be purchased. Users first identify what project they are interested in (eg. Sandbox, Decetraland).
Votes in the voting phase are weighted and looks as follows:
- LP Staking — Vote weight (%) = (amount of LP tokens staked by user / all LP tokens staked on the Terra Land platform) x2.5
- Single Asset Staking 12M — Vote weight (%) = (amount of TLANDs staked by user / all TLANDs staked in the Terra Land platform) x2.0
- Single Asset Staking 6M — Vote weight (%) = (amount of TLANDs staked by user / all TLANDs staked in the Terra Land platform) x1.5
- Single Asset Staking 3M — Vote weight (%) = (amount of TLANDs staked by user / all TLANDs staked in the Terra Land platform) x1.2
- Single Asset Staking 1M — Vote weight (%) = (amount of TLANDs staked by user / all TLANDs staked in the Terra Land platform) x1.0
- TLAND only in wallet — Vote weight (%) = amount of TLANDs held by user / all TLANDs held in the wallets x0.5
51% of eligible votes are required to pass the collection voting.
When a project wins, the prefund will be on an asset within that project’s collections.
The winning collection becomes the prefund goal. There is no upper limit for the prefund amount to be raised, while a lower limit could be in place depending on the specific collection.
In order to take part in the prefund users will have to use their deposited funds and allocate them towards the prefund.
The user is able to decide how much of their deposit to use for this.
There is no maximum amount that the user can deposit in the prefund.
Sandbox wins the DAO P vote, becoming the collection topic for the prefund.
At this point, users will not yet decide on what asset is to be purchased until the prefund is over, as the prefund value has not yet been set. Once completed, users will then vote on the underlying asset in the collection.
4. Voting on the underlying asset in the collection
After the prefund is completed (which will usually take around a few days, depending on the collection) we will present to the users a few asset options from that collection that can be purchased. These will be either equal to or below the value of the prefund in order to stay within budget.
The DAO P (the prefund participants) are then able to vote on the asset they would like to purchase.
Voting weights in the asset voting phase are dependent on the proportion of funds allocated into the prefund compared to the total prefund value.
DAO P votes on 3 plots from within the Sandbox collection:
- Plot A — cost 6,000 USDT
- Plot B — cost 5,800 USDT
- Plot C — cost 5,900 USDT
In the event of a tied winning vote, the asset will be chosen at random.
5. Asset purchase
The asset that has won the DAO P vote gets purchased.
In the event that the asset cost is lower than the prefund pool, the remaining USDT gets returned proportionally to the deposit pools of participating users.
Sandbox plot A with a cost of 6,000 USDT wins the vote. Prefund pool value is at 10,000 USDT. The difference of 4,000 USDT is returned proportionally, such as:
- Person 1 — deposited 4,000 USDT into prefund (40% of total value) — gets a return of 1,600 USDT
- Person 2 — deposited 1,000 USDT into prefund (10% of total value) — gets a return of 400 USDT
- Person 3 — deposited 2,000 USDT into prefund (20% of total value) — gets a return of 800 USDT
- Person 4 — deposited 3,000 USDT into prefund (30% of total value) — gets a return of 1,200 USDT
After purchasing the asset, users receive a utility token reflecting ownership in the given asset.
The DAO P participants that participated in the prefund that has purchased a 6,000 USDT metaverse plot receive a utility token associated with that plot.
Utility token holders can then vote on selling the underlying asset, and at what price.
This vote opens up immediately after the underlying asset was purchased.
Governance voting must reach 51% votes from token holders for a successful vote (quorum).